1. The National Association of Animal Breeders (NAAB) maintains a database of marketing code numbers assigned by NAAB. This listing is available online (www.naab-css.org) or by request. The marketing code numbering system is the property of NAAB. These guidelines and the application and number assigning process grant only a limited license to use the code numbers assigned, in accordance with the standards stated here, as they may be modified from time to time by the NAAB Board. All use must be in compliance with these guidelines, and any use not in compliance may be cause for NAAB to rescind a code number. Administering this code numbering system, which is provided as a service to the AI industry, carries certain legal obligations to NAAB, and these guidelines and their enforcement represent attempts by NAAB to preserve a useful system while also complying with applicable laws pertaining to trade practices. Anyone using or seeking to use this numbering system that has questions about it or about these guidelines is encouraged to contact NAAB.
2. NAAB will accept applications for assignment of a NAAB MARKETING CODE (Controller Number) which identifies the business listed as Controller of a bull in the NAAB Cross Reference databases or a qualifying marketing organization. Application and supplemental information forms are available online (www.naab-css.org) or may be requested from NAAB via fax or email.
3. NAAB marketing codes are assigned for a specific permitted purpose. NAAB retains control of each assigned marketing code and may rescind use of a marketing code if it determines the marketing code is being used improperly. Reference: http://www.naab-css.org/membership/coding.html
4. At least annually, NAAB will determine any code numbers not in active use or not being used in accordance with these guidelines. Such code numbers will be rescinded, and thereafter any use of such numbers is prohibited unless NAAB specifically grants permission in writing. Inactive is defined as non-use for one year.
5. NAAB will determine the number to be assigned (generally the next available consecutive number).
6. NAAB marketing codes are not transferable unless NAAB specifically grants permission in writing.
7. The NAAB marketing code can be used in place of the NAAB stud code in the NAAB uniform code on the straw so long as the stud code of the processing organization is also printed on the straw separate from the uniform code and standing alone.
8. NAAB Marketing Code Number - Charges
$500USD One time application Fee
$100USD Annual usage fee
Revised January, 2006
National Association of Animal Breeders
PO Box 1033
Columbia, Missouri 65205
Tel: (573) 445-4406
Fax: (573) 446-2279